This post contains affiliate links for which I receive compensation

Vintage quilt top - 70"x70" - needs to be quilted

by Anita
(Bloomfield, MI)

Hi, do you know how I could get a bottom put onto a vintage topper? I do not sew?

Thank you,



Hi Anita!

I suggest you contact either a quilt store or quilt guild in your area. Click either of the links above and you'll be taken to the page on this website for Michigan quilt shops and guilds.

Both groups would know better than I whether there is someone in your area who does this type of work. Someone may actually be able to give you a personal recommendation. (Definitely a good thing!)

If the quilt is a family heirloom that you'd like to pass down to subsequent generations, then I recommend you contact a certified quilt appraiser. Such an appraiser would be able to put a value on your quilt top and make recommendations for having it quilted that will maintain its value.

There are two certified appraisers in the state of Michigan listed in their directory. (This link opens in a new window.)

Let me know how it goes. I'd love to see the finished quilt and learn about the story behind it.


Julie Baird

Click here to post comments

Return to GQP's Quilting Forum.

This article was printed from

Print Article

Follow Us